'It's like we're going on a train that's going 200 miles an hour. It'd be so nice to get off. To stand on the platform for just a minute.'
Sunday, July 13, 2014
Summer perceptions
It's been awhile. With the perception of summer as fun and games it's a wonder how everyone is busier than usual and I guess life gets in the way. First and foremost I guess it's been a long holiday and these last 3/4 weeks being so far away from what I perceive as reality has really set some things in perspective. Sometimes stepping away from reality does that for us. I've been so caught up in what has been going on in Singapore- what with all the camps and going out and all that, that I've lost my priorities and ideals. Who I've become this last semester and the better part of this summer has been largely defined by the css community. In a way it gave me an identity and a community that I longed for. Friends who are just as slack as me at the same times as me mainly because we have the same activities. But being away for the last 4 weeks... Sure, we've had contact but what I really realised is that what I seek cannot be given by any external party because really... life goes on. The scary thing is that being here for so long, it's hard not to eventually rely on family again because it's just the way things are. With family, you have people to fight with, people to talk to, people to get help from, people to whatever, so it's easy to cut off from everyone else. But outside it's never that easy. Now it's just wondering how hard it'll be to step back from it all, one step at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Life Lessons
When you cook an amazing dinner and they tell you to eat it yourself first cos no one gives a shit about you or the effort you put in. Then ...
-
Got to stop with the insecurities. Most days I just want to disintegrate into a ball and cry. It's overwhelming. just lousy
-
When you cook an amazing dinner and they tell you to eat it yourself first cos no one gives a shit about you or the effort you put in. Then ...
-
Just so uncomfortable with the dynamics. Both the things said and left unsaid just confuses me so much. How do I integrate into this communi...
No comments:
Post a Comment