And so we say goodbye to 2014 and hello to 2015.
2014 was filled with ups and downs. In many ways, it was truly the start of something new- new course, new people, new everything- filled with anxiety and fear. There were ups and downs, with a lot of love and support from those around. I can say that it's been a year of ups and down, but through it all, I learned a lot- while not so much academically- a lot about myself and those around me, and about life in general. It's been a year of loss. So much loss. The loss of life, the loss of friends, the loss of feelings and emotions, loss of courage, loss of faith. I guess what they say about gaining through losing is true, because through all the things that I lost, I gained so much too. I learned that even though there are so many things that don't go our way, even though life seems to kick us when we're already down and out, even though there have been and will be countless times where everything just seems wrong and you're exhausted and just want to give up, there is always something to be thankful for.
I learnt that taking the first step is always the hardest. The moment when a decision has to be made. When we sit down and decide what to do. After that step is taken, everything just seems to be easier. I figure that it's okay, and it's been a year when I realise that life really does go on. Once a decision is made, life just keeps going on. And it will keep going on. So many things are out of our control, and I guess this year I've learnt to accept these. To be ok with the bubble that exists.
So many things that I'm thankful for. For the people who genuinely love me, for the people who've been there for me when I needed them, the people I could always turn to to make me feel better, for those who've listened to me and given me advice, for those who've been patient with me, cried with me, laughed with me, to anyone who's been a part of my year. Good or bad, I've learned something out of every experience I've had in 2014. I'm thankful for the good and the bad that has happened, the whirlwind of emotions, for every decision that I made. It's been a roller coaster ride and I'm glad to have come out of it safe and sound.
I'm looking forward to 2015 with all it's ups and downs. Here's to positivity, joy and laughter, hard work and crazy play, new experiences, people and relationships. Lets dive into the new year and see where life takes us (:
'It's like we're going on a train that's going 200 miles an hour. It'd be so nice to get off. To stand on the platform for just a minute.'
Friday, January 2, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Life Lessons
When you cook an amazing dinner and they tell you to eat it yourself first cos no one gives a shit about you or the effort you put in. Then ...
-
Got to stop with the insecurities. Most days I just want to disintegrate into a ball and cry. It's overwhelming. just lousy
-
When you cook an amazing dinner and they tell you to eat it yourself first cos no one gives a shit about you or the effort you put in. Then ...
-
Just so uncomfortable with the dynamics. Both the things said and left unsaid just confuses me so much. How do I integrate into this communi...
No comments:
Post a Comment