So I was listening to a song the other day and the lyrics struck me and made me really sad.
'when you're all alone, life can be a little tough,
it makes you feel like you're 3 foot tall
when it's just you, well times can be tough,
when there's no one to catch your fall'
At that moment, it was so easy to feel sorry for myself and slowly trudge home. But see I realised that i'm doing it all wrong. I've been lucky in the sense that I always have people around me encouraging me and telling me that I can do it. That everything will work out, that I have what it takes to be good! And people who remind me of what is really important, and in the end, it took one person and a sunday at church to sink in- that I got it all wrong.
It's not about the problems that we're facing, but the way we react to them and face them. The struggle is difficult but the act in itself is our stand. It's not about the outcome whatever phase I'm going through, but the process and my reaction to what comes that's important. Mindset, trust that everything will be ok, faith.
'It's like we're going on a train that's going 200 miles an hour. It'd be so nice to get off. To stand on the platform for just a minute.'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Life Lessons
When you cook an amazing dinner and they tell you to eat it yourself first cos no one gives a shit about you or the effort you put in. Then ...
-
Got to stop with the insecurities. Most days I just want to disintegrate into a ball and cry. It's overwhelming. just lousy
-
When you cook an amazing dinner and they tell you to eat it yourself first cos no one gives a shit about you or the effort you put in. Then ...
-
Just so uncomfortable with the dynamics. Both the things said and left unsaid just confuses me so much. How do I integrate into this communi...
No comments:
Post a Comment