The difference between community and friends
So I was on the bus talking to this girl that I've met a few times before, and we got talking about this community that we are both a part of. And I was that while this is a group of people that I enjoy being a part of because ultimately it reminds me of who I want to be and it reminds me of the bigger picture, I never really feel like I belonged. And she put it very aptly, that here we are a part of a community, and being a part of the community does not mean that we are all friends. Do not go expecting to make great friends, but just know that they are like minded people who also see the importance of praying etc. Knowing people and being their friends are 2 very different things. I know a lot of people but that does not mean that we're all friends. I was never able to separate the 2 concepts before, but I guess this cleared it up a lot for me.
Happygirl94 (:
First time ever I was called happygirl94 haha. I want to be happygirl94. It's truly fun and awesome to let lose and just be happy, laughing at everything and nothing at all. The feeling where you just let go and be yourself. I've been described in many ways, but happy hasnt been one of them for a very long time. Crazy yes, happy no. Happiness is a choice, and I think with proper compartmentalisation, I can be happy. Compartmentalise the happiness and the sadness and loneliness and everything in between.
There've been up and downs, and recent wounds have been reopened by old enemies, which really reminded me that we all fall prey to words said. Be careful of the words we say and be tactful, for at times we speak without considering the consequences our words have on those around us.
No comments:
Post a Comment