Saturday, March 8, 2014

Somethings to be thankful for

I look back at today and I realise how lucky I am. I guess things just really fell into place today and for that, I'm grateful. It's like a miracle day, all at once. One by one, things fell into place.
 
Had lecture at 8, so was supposed to get up at 6. My alarm clock rang at 6 and I switched it off, convincing myself that I should just go back to sleep, that I could probably ditch today's math lecture. Seeing as how I had math midterms at 8.30pm, I should just sleep in, get enough rest, and just ditch the lecture which -is irrelevant to the test today anyway. But even I couldn't convince myself to ditch, but by the time I got out of bed - 7am. I called for a taxi the moment I got up, because it's impossible to get one from my place. At 7am, calling for one and getting the booking approved is next to impossible, but it came true. On my 2nd call, I got a taxi. So 15 mins after waking up, I was ready and in a cab on the way to school. 

Got to school at 8.05am, and the lecturer started 10 seconds after I stepped in. So I didn't miss anything. Which was more good luck. Sat next to this girl in lecture, talked about how math was screwed and after, we split. Went to Utown had breakfast while waiting for my next class- CS tutorial. So I really didnt pay attention to CS tutorial at all, though I have midterms for that tomorrow... But anyway. During tutorial a friend texted me to go for prayer at science at 12, which technically would have been a crazy rush. But after lecture i went to the bus stop- and the bus was there. Waiting to take me to science. On the bus, I met a girl that I know, and we were talking. I was telling her how my phone was only 20% charged... I dont know what happened there either, it didnt get charged last night for some reason. Anyway, she had an iphone5 charger and insisted on lending it to me so I could get my phone charged!! She later came to find me to get it back. So in the end I got my phone charged. Anyway, I got to science on time. Had some quiet time praying, before having lunch with a couple of people. Well, they ate, I swallowed bread and studied my math. During lunch, they encouraged me and just quietly kept me smiling and calm, told me to stay positive and just do my best, that I had time, cracking funny jokes. One guy had a friend who studied 2 hours before the same exam last sem and got 2/10, (this news scared the crap out of me), and I had 7 hours so technically i should get 7/10. HAHA Anyway, the friend who texted me is said to be very smart, and he has fridays off, but he was in school! So because he texted me and we had prayer together, I asked if he could help me with math. So after lunch we went to the library where I did my math practice, and he did his work next to me. Any time I had a question, he tried to help me with it. I dont know how much he taught me really, but all I know is that it kept me from going into a crazy frenzy every time I couldn't solve a problem- either because he taught me how to do it, pointed out my careless mistake or simply told me that it could not be done (i.e. he didnt know how to do it either). It really calmed me down a lot. Anyway he left, and I went to get dinner and headed down to MPSH where the exams were to be held. Another friend had an exam till 7.15pm, and when she came out, sat with me and taught me how to do some of the remaining questions that I was so confused about, and gave me chocolate. 

Maybe the things they taught me didn't really come out, or might not have helped my grade so much in the grand scheme of things, but it gave me a peace of mind, calmed me down a lot. So anyway, I could kind of sort of do the paper, and I did ok. Actually so much better than I expected. Maybe its because I didn't have very high expectations to begin with, but yepp it worked out. 

Now for tomorrow's CS. I've had so much fear recently, and today really showed me that I am blessed. What we give in to fear, we take away from faith. Let's study and pray for the best. Today is one of those times that I realise once again that there's so much to be thankful for. 

No comments:

Life Lessons

When you cook an amazing dinner and they tell you to eat it yourself first cos no one gives a shit about you or the effort you put in. Then ...